Qualifications: Diploma in Visual Communication from Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology.
Profile: I can trace my passion for expressing things visually to my childhood. From a young age, I was inclined towards photography, nature and beauty as it is found in the everyday. Studying in Srishti and my experience while working as a photographer and designer further honed my skills. I started learning and loving the art of visual communication. I think it is safe to say that at any given day I’d rather draw a thing than spell it.
My present role at Dakshin as the Managing Editor of Current Conservation allows me to effectively combine my design and visual communication skills with my passion for the natural world and its conservation. Design for change is something I truly believe in, as I feel that information, when communicated easily, can make a huge difference.
- Bansal, M. April, 2021. Where Art meets Conservation. Sanctuary Asia.
- Bansal, M. February, 2021. #ccinktober2020: When art rushed in to meet science! Current Conservation.
- Gupta, T. and Bansal, M. January, 2021. Catch as Catch Can. The Caravan.
- Gupta, T. and Bansal, M. October, 2020. Hook, line and sinker: Malwan’s fisherwomen. PARI.
- Bansal, M. and Gupta, T. 2020. Treasure or Trash? When Unwanted Fish Sustain Livelihoods. RoundGlass Sustain.
- Bansal, M. and Khanyari, M. June, 2020. Little notes from the high Himalayan mountains. Current Conservation.
- Bansal, M. November, 2018. Story-telling in Asian Elephant conservation. Balipara Foundation.